Business owners usually ask one question when they plan on creating their website: How will I make money with my website? Here are some sure-fire ideas on how to boost your sales online:
- Add Google Adsense to your website. You just have to sign up for a Google Adsense account and then add the code to embed it into your website. You can also earn from Google ads on your YouTube videos.
- Add a shopping cart. With this, people can buy from your wesbite whenever they want to. Even after closing time of your actual store. Your clients will see this as a fantastic convenience for them.
- Sell advertising space. You can accept ads from private advertisers and post them on your website. You will earn money for doing nothing! Although, you have to be very careful on choosing which advertisers you should allow to be seen on your website. They should not be offensive in any way. With that, you can maintain your brand image plus you earn more money!
- Promote events. You can announce events like seminars, webinars, product launches, concerts – practically, any kind of event that will create more awareness for your local business. You can make money by selling tickets online or you can hold the event for free and make sales on the actual event.
- Sell your knowledge and expertise. You can publish a book or create an e-book that contains relevant content to your business – like tutorials, guides, advice, etc. There are a lot of people who are willing to pay for good content like these.
- Sell more than books. Whatever content you have filled your book with, you can also use to create multimedia products with it. You can create videos, podcasts, and DVDs – audio and/or video formats of your knowledge and expertise that your clients would love. Nowadays, there are people who would want these kinds of media instead of actual books.
- Gather future clients. You can create a page or a corner on your website that entice people for them to give you their email. You can offer a free trial or a huge discount. These people can be future loyal patrons of your business.
- Make your clients feel important. You can create a members’ section or page wherein your regular clients can enjoy exclusive perks like member’s only sales or discounts, giveaways, coupons, etc. Not only will this increase their loyalty but also make other people want to be loyal clients with special perks also.
- Take advantage of partnerships. You can start an affiliate program wherein people can be “partners” of your local business. You can have them sign up on your website and they can like their website to yours. Or, you can also partner with other businesses then you can sell their products on your website.